skip to content

Bluesky Immigration

Experience a Better Future with the Skilled Work Regional Visa (491). Unlock New Career Opportunities and Enjoy Living and Working in Designated Areas of Australia. Our Expert Team Can Guide You Through the Visa Requirements and Help You Build Your Path to Permanent Residency.

Are you seeking new career opportunities in Australia? The Skilled Work Regional Visa (491) could be the perfect pathway for you to live and work in regional Australia. This provisional visa allows you to stay and work in a designated regional area for up to 5 years, and apply for permanent residency after 3 years from the time your visa is granted.

The benefits of the 491

Enquire Now

Contact Form

Here are some key points about the Regional Skilled Work Visa (491)

    1. Purpose: The visa aims to address labor shortages in regional areas of Australia by attracting skilled workers to live and work in these regions.

    2. Points-based system: To be eligible for the visa, applicants need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect system and meet the minimum points requirement. Points are awarded based on factors such as age, English language proficiency, education qualifications, work experience, and regional nomination.

    3. Regional nomination: To be considered for the visa, applicants must receive a nomination from an Australian state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.

    4. Designated regional areas: The visa is specific to designated regional areas in Australia. These areas are determined by the Australian government and may include entire states or territories, or specific postcodes within those regions.

    5. Length of stay and conditions: The Regional Skilled Work Visa (491) allows holders to live and work in the designated regional area for up to five years. Visa holders must work and reside in a designated regional area to maintain their visa status.

    6. Pathway to permanent residency: The Regional Skilled Work Visa (491) is a provisional visa, but it provides a pathway to permanent residency through the Subclass 191 visa. After living and working in a designated regional area for at least three years and meeting other requirements, visa holders can apply for the Subclass 191 visa to become permanent residents.

Get Free Counselling


This will close in 0 seconds