- November 7, 2023
- Posted by: Sandeep
- Category: Uncategorized
Expanding Employer Sponsored Pathways to Australia Permanent Residence (PR)
The latest news on the expansion of employer sponsored pathways to permanent residence (PR) in Australia is that the changes are scheduled to be implemented on 25 November 2023.
The Australian Government confirmed the implementation date on 1 November 2023, and also announced that it is continuing to work on a number of initiatives to support the changes, including:
- Developing a new online platform to make it easier for employers to nominate skilled workers for PR
- Providing more support for employers to help them understand the new requirements and processes
- Working with industry and education stakeholders to ensure that the new pathways are meeting the needs of the Australian economy
The expansion of employer sponsored pathways to PR is a significant change to the Australian migration system, and it is expected to have a positive impact on both employers and skilled workers.
Here is a summary of the key changes that will be implemented on 25 November 2023:
- All holders of Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visas, including those on the Short-term stream, will be eligible for PR through the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream of the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) visa.
- The nominated occupation will no longer need to be assessed against the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- The work experience requirement for the TRT stream will be reduced from three years to two years.
- The age exemption for regional medical practitioner applicants and high income earning applicants aged 45 years and over will be reduced from three years to two years.
- The COVID-19 related age exemptions will be ended.
If you are an employer or a skilled worker who is interested in learning more about the new employer sponsored pathways to PR, you can visit the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.