Updated English Language Test Requirements for Australia
- February 13, 2024
- Posted by: Sandeep
- Category: news
Planning to move to Australia or pursue further studies there? Buckle up, because demonstrating your English proficiency is a crucial part of the visa application process. However, fret not, for I’m here to guide you through the latest updates on acceptable English language tests as of February 13, 2024!
Gone are the days of TOEFL dominance: Effective July 26, 2023, this test is no longer accepted for Australian visa purposes. Additionally, Cambridge C1 Advanced has undergone a transformation, with only the paper-based version being valid as of February 12, 2024. Say goodbye to online and computer-based options!
So, what tests are still in the game?
- IELTS: The reigning champion, accepted by all immigration authorities in Australia, UK, New Zealand, and Canada. No wonder it’s a popular choice!
- PTE Academic: A strong contender, accepted for most Australian visas.
- OET: Tailored for healthcare professionals aiming for skilled visas.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (paper-based): Back in the game, but check individual visa requirements carefully.
- No room for online tests: Whether it’s IELTS, PTE, or OET, only physically administered tests are accepted.
- Level up based on your visa: The required English proficiency varies, so double-check the specific details for your desired visa on the Department of Home Affairs website.
- Alternative routes exist: For select visas, educational qualifications or work experience might suffice as proof of English proficiency.
For More Details About English Language Test Requirements for Australia Feel free contact
The information contained on this blog post is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. And the information provided on this blog should not be construed as professional advice.
While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, I cannot guarantee that all information is complete or error-free. You should always consult with a qualified professional before making any decisions based on the information contained on this blog post.