Bluesky Immigration

Your Guide to Getting an Australian Student Visa After Graduation

Australia is a top destination for international students, offering world-class education, a vibrant culture, and stunning scenery. If you’re considering pursuing a postgraduate diploma or master’s degree in Australia after graduation, you’ll need to obtain a student visa. But don’t worry, the process is straightforward! This blog post will walk you through the requirements for both PG diploma and master’s degrees, as well as the additional steps you need to take if you want to work after graduation.

The requirements for an Australian student visa after graduation depend on the type of course you want to take (PG Diploma or Masters) and whether you want to work after graduation.

General Requirements for All Student Visas

  • Be enrolled in a CRICOS-registered course. CRICOS stands for Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. This means that the course is recognized by the Australian government for international students.
  • Have a valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months after your course ends.
  • Have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). OSHC is a type of health insurance that is mandatory for international students in Australia.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement. The GTE requirement means that you must be able to satisfy the visa officer that you are a genuine temporary entrant and that you have no intention of overstaying your visa.
  • Have sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your studies. This includes tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.

Additional Requirements for Master’s Degrees

  • In addition to the requirements for PG Diploma courses, you must also have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
  • Your bachelor’s degree must be in a related field to your master’s degree.

Want to Work After Graduation?

  • You can apply for a Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa. This visa allows you to stay in Australia and work for up to two years after you graduate.
  • To be eligible for the Temporary Graduate visa, you must have completed a CRICOS-registered course that was at least two years long.
  • You must also meet the GTE requirement and have sufficient financial resources.

Tips for Applying for Your Visa

Need help with the application process feel free contact

Contact Form


The information contained on this blog post is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. And the information provided on this blog should not be construed as professional advice.

While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, I cannot guarantee that all information is complete or error-free. You should always consult with a qualified professional before making any decisions based on the information contained on this blog post.

Get Free Counselling


This will close in 0 seconds