- June 24, 2023
- Posted by: Sandeep
- Category: Visitor Visa
The Sponsored family stream
of Australian Visas
The Sponsored family stream of Australian Visas
The Sponsored family stream of Australian Visas allows family members of Australian citizens and permanent residents to come to Australia to visit them. This stream is different from the Tourist stream, which allows people to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes.
Table of Contents
- The Sponsored family stream of Australian Visas
To be eligible for the Sponsored family stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be sponsored by your family member in Australia.
- You must meet the health and character requirements for a visa to Australia.
Benefits of the Sponsored family stream
The Sponsored family stream offers a number of benefits, including:
- The ability to visit your family members in Australia.
- The opportunity to experience Australian culture and lifestyle.
- The chance to meet new people from all over the world.
How to apply for the Sponsored family stream
To apply for the Sponsored family stream, you will need to:
- Complete an online application form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Provide supporting documentation, such as your passport, travel itinerary, and financial statements.
- Attend a biometrics appointment.
Processing time and cost
The processing time for the Sponsored family stream varies depending on the country you are applying from. For most countries, the processing time is within 26 days. However, it can take longer if your application is complex or if you need to provide additional documentation.
The cost of the Sponsored family stream is AUD150 for most countries. However, there are some countries that have a higher application fee.
The Sponsored family stream is a great way to visit your family members in Australia. If you are a family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident, I encourage you to apply for this visa.
Things to keep in mind
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when applying for the Sponsored family stream:
- You must have a valid travel insurance policy that covers you for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- You must comply with all visa conditions, including the requirement to maintain a valid passport and to leave Australia before your visa expires.
- You can only stay in Australia for a maximum of 12 months on a Sponsored family visa.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.